If the Commissioner is satisfied that the driver of an impounded vehicle has:
- Been charged with committing the offence but the person is acquitted of that offence, or the charge is withdrawn or dismissed; or
- No charge of committing the offence for which the vehicle was impounded is laid during the period of one year after the day on which the offence is suspected to have been committed.
The person who paid for the towage and storage costs would be eligible for a full refund of those costs.
Failure to attach the correct information will result in your application not being processed. A request for further information will be sent to the applicant.
The following information is required to progress your application:
- Driver’s name.
- Court date.
- Court location.
- Court outcome.
- Name of the person who paid for the towage and storage costs.
- Contact details of the person who paid the towage and storage costs.
- Bank account details of the person who paid the towage and storage costs.