- Any previous approved Payment Plans not paid in full must be finalised before a new application will be approved.
- Any outstanding fines owed to the WA Government will exclude you from being approved.
- If the owner has entered in to a payment plan arraignment for any outstanding fines they will be considered paid.
- If the owner has been approved for the Early Release of an impounded vehicle, the towage and storage costs must be paid in full.
- Should the applicant attend the storage yard to collect the vehicle but is unable to pay the approved deposit, the storage Yard will refuse to release the vehicle. The applicant will need to re-apply as the original application will be cancelled.
Once the application has been approved
- The “Authorisation for Impounded Vehicle Release” form is sent to the storage yard.
- The owner is to book an appointment with the storage yard and arrange for the collection of the vehicle.
- The deposit is to be paid at the storage yard upon collection of the impounded vehicle.
- The owner must review the collection details, if they approve of the minimum deposit and the balance due they must sign and date the form.
- The owner to present the 100 point identification and the vehicle will be released. If you have considered the information above and have formed the opinion that you are eligible to make an application for a Time Payment Plan you should complete the form provided.
- The owner must pay a minimum deposit of 60% of the total cost for the towage and storage of the impounded vehicle.
- The remaining 40% will be invoiced to the owner over 6 fortnightly payments.
- If the applicant cannot afford the 60% deposit they should consider completing a Section 80JA Application requesting the Commissioner of Police to sell an impounded vehicle – No MDL (S.49) offence only.
- The owner can apply for a Time Payment Plan 5 days before the scheduled release date.
- A Time Payment Plan application received at the Vehicle Impound Unit will be processed, unless exceptional circumstances exist, within two (2) working days of receipt of the application.
- The Time Payment Plan will only be valid for 7 days from the approval date.